Monday, May 30, 2011


Okay, it has now been a couple of days since I last wrote but I will start from where I left off so this will be a really long entry. We landed in Egypt about 1:09 am. We got off the plane, found our luggage and went looking for the person who was supposed to take us to our hotel. We found a man with a sign that said "BYU Cosmos." So we knew that it was him. Then we had to wait in line for a long, long, long time. Then we hopped into a van. It was very dark outside so we couldn't see much but it was really humid. Now I am more used to that but at first it felt very different. We stopped at a nice hotel that had a bathtub, soft carpet, comfy beds, pretty paint, a tv that had lots of channels and the remote hadn't even been opened from it's case because it was so new. There also was a place to eat downstairs that had good food. Nabby, Camille, and I shared a room again except this time they had to bring an extra bed in. We slept there the night then woke up, ate breakfast, and headed off for Alexandria in the same van that took us last time. It took two and a half hours to get there. When we finally got there it looked like it was once again going to be a nice hotel. Nabby, Camille, and I once again would share a room. When we got there we were taken by surprise because the room was an ugly green color, the beds were very hard, the carpet was itchy an looked as though it had never been vacuumed, the shower had no curtain, the bathroom had one towel, everything was pretty unclean and disgusting. We looked out the window and saw that we had a spectacular view of the Mediterranean Sea. After that we went out to eat and had delicious food. They even have french fries here! Then we went shopping for awhile before going to bed. The next day we went to an institute where the BYU students will be taking their classes. We stayed there with Sister Parkinson while Nabby, Bro. Parkinson, Mom, and Dad went looking for apartments. (We couldn't all fit in the taxi and Nabby really wanted to go). We played fun games with Sis. Parkinson. After they came back, the cosmo van picked us up and took us to more apartments and this time we all got to go. Most of them were on the 14-16 floors. Today we went to church because they have church on Friday here. I made a few friends and sunday school reminded me of home because everyone was so loud. We went to church in Cairo so it took almost five and a half hours to get there and back. We went to an internet cafe and were able to write friends. Well, it's getting late so I'd better go. We are still in this hotel. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment