Monday, May 30, 2011

8/24/04

Today we got up early. Well, I'm not sure if it was early or not but it seemed way early. I woke up and heard Nabby wake up and get ready for the day and I was going to but I was just too tired. Camille, believe it or not, was still sleeping! (She and my dad are the early birds in the family). Anyway, back to the subject. Mom came in a little later to get us up so I got up and got dressed but Camille stayed in bed. I understood perfectly how she felt. I think the time change messed up our sleeping schedules and Camille and I switched roles. We went upstairs and had breakfast and then we took a tram to a train station and took a train to the bus station and took a long bus ride to Edirno [sp?] (which I slept through). Then we took a taxi to a mosque called "selimiyye" and it was very pretty and was the second one I've been to where you can go upstairs to the balcony. Then we took a bus to the bus station to take another bus to the train station and the tram ad then walked back. We had all of our luggage out of our rooms and in the lobby so that we would be ready to leave for Cairo. We then went to a place and ate some yummy things that looked like tortillas and are filled with potatoes. Then we got stopped by a man who knew English and was selling rugs. He talked to us for a long time and then invited us into his store for some apple tea. We went with him and he wanted us to buy a carpet but we were persistent on saying no. He showed us a wall full of pictures of his happy customers and their new rugs. We were finally able to leave. We had someone take us to the airport. We are now on a plane going to land in Cairo in 22 minutes. It is 12:48 am. Well, I'd better go.

Maren

No comments:

Post a Comment